3303 Crompond Rd, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

Update by user Jan 14

The employee in the tire center told the Manager Gorge that he did not hang up, the call dropped. He lied, the call did not drop, he hung up on me and this is what I told the Manager George on the day in question.

Original review posted by user Jan 14

I have been a member for over a decade and that the Poughkeepsie and Peekskill locations are my primary locations and that I have never had any experiences like those that transpired. I've spent thousands upon thousands of dollar with the company.

I did not deserve the treatment and lack of professionalism, rudeness, disrespect nor utter lack of compassion and humane treatment.

On or about 12/03/19 I purchased 4 tires for my GMC Terrain at the Poughkeepsie, NY location on Route 9 (aka South Road). I was told it would take 2 days to get the tire in and that the service would take approximately 1 hour. I was assured that Friday, December 6, 2019 would be a good day to come and get my tires changed. Invoice #1437897

Friday when I got there around 6:40pm the door was locked.

I went into the store and spoke with a Supervisor Eleen L. I explained that this was the second time I came to the tire center and they were closed despite a posted time schedule that indicates they close at 8pm. Eleen L. was not responsive to my concerns, instead she said that the tire center closed early because they only had one person to mange it due to a shortage of staff.

I informed her that I my tires are paid for and I need them on my car. I further explained that I spoke with the worker the day I purchased the tires and he told me to come in on Friday and today is Friday. She started accusing me of yelling and speaking to me in a condescending manner. I immediately requested a refund and the contact information for her supervisor.

She gave me (845) 297-7800 with the name of her Supervisor Ryan. I called him and left a message and he never got back to me.

On 12/09/19 I went to the BJ's Tire Center at the Peekskill, NY location (Route 202) and purchased the tires again, at a slight upper cost. Invoice #1477823 (the date was changed after I signed it on the 9th. I was told it would take 2 or 3 days for the tires to come in and that someone would contact me when they were in.

No one ever contacted me so I called on the 11th, 12th and 15th. It was very challenging getting in contact with the tire center and when I did the staff person who answered the phone told me I would have to wait until Monday. I explained that that would not be possible for me. The staff person wound up hanging up on me.

I called back and on this third attempt I just asked to speak with a Manager (George). George got on the phone and allowed me to explain the facts above. He asked me to hold on and when he returned he asked if I could get there by 1pm. I explained to him that I was already on my way because I need my tires.

I told him that I travel the NYS Taconic State Parkway and the car slipped a couple of times the over the past week or so and winter time is here. I also shared that I just got the car recently. Upon my arrival Manager George apologized again for my negative experiences and offered a $50 gift card. I advised him that his efforts were appreciated but they will not stop me from filing a complaint.

I did not deserve what happened to me.

All I wanted was to receive the services I paid for.

This has been a very negative and challenging experience for me. I am seriously considering not renewing my membership and instead look into either Sam's Club or Costco's.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bjs Wholesale Club Department.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Bjs Wholesale Club Cons: Nasty employees, Rude nasty unprofessional disrepectful staff.

• lied